Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hooking old apps to SQL 2005

We would like to have our old apps talk with SQL 2005. What do I have to do
to make that happen. I have installed the SQL 2005 native client, and
defined an alias to the SQL Server. I still get connection errors so
obviously I have not done enough to set this up, or it can't be done .
Can someone direct me to some documentation or explain how to do this?
Thanks.
BarryNevermind, got it working
"barryfz" <barry@.noemail.noemail> wrote in message
news:u5NWWks7FHA.4076@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> We would like to have our old apps talk with SQL 2005. What do I have to
> do to make that happen. I have installed the SQL 2005 native client, and
> defined an alias to the SQL Server. I still get connection errors so
> obviously I have not done enough to set this up, or it can't be done .
> Can someone direct me to some documentation or explain how to do this?
> Thanks.
> --
> Barry
>|||Would you be willing to post the results so we can see how you did it?
--
burt_king@.yahoo.com
"barryfz" wrote:

> Nevermind, got it working
>
> "barryfz" <barry@.noemail.noemail> wrote in message
> news:u5NWWks7FHA.4076@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment