Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hoe to setup integration services on a cluster

Does anyone know how to install SQL 2005 integration services on a cluster machine?

I have an a-a cluster machine. Both nodes are using SQL 2005 naming instance. During the SQL installation, I did include integration services option as one of my setup items. The setup process was running fine but I can’t connect to integration services via MS SQL Server management studio. I see below errors:

“Invalid server name "TESTServer\B123". SSIS service does not support multi-instance, use just server name instead of "server name\instance".

Looks like I must use default instance for 2005 integration services. I re-ran the setup program and added a default instance on the same cluster node. (On that node I have one default instance and one naming instance). Now I can connect to the default SQL Server but when I click on “stored packages”, I don’t see file system and MSDB. It shows nothing at all. Any idea how to make integration services running on a cluster machine?

Thanks

I had the same error when I tried to view an SSIS package on my server with 2 instances but I had no default instance, so my case was a little different than yours. The way I resolved my problem was by hard coding both instances into my XML configuration file. I did not have a cluster in this case but the principle should be the same, you'll just have to play around with it a little bit. You may also have to modify the XML file on both nodes of your cluster.

<ServerName>my-server-01\instance1</ServerName>
<ServerName>my-server-01\instance2</ServerName>

If you have a default instance and a named instance you might try something like this:

<ServerName>my-server-01</ServerName>
<ServerName>my-server-01\instance1</ServerName>

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) includes a configuration file for configuring the Integration Services service.

By default, the file is located in the folder, Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn, and the file name is MsDtsSrvr.ini.xml.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms137789.aspx

|||

Microsoft has a document published on how to install Integration Services on a cluster.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345193.aspx

|||

I have the same problem in that I have set up SSIS on the cluster using the microsoft instructions. The SSIS service starts and fails over between nodes just fine. The problem is that I cannot see the MSDB or File System under Stored Packages. I've double (tripple) checked the path to the XML in the registry, the registry path in the cluster service properties, and the XML itself. Everything seems in order.

Any ideas?

|||

I'm in exactly the same situation. Did anyone resolve this problem ?

tia

bryn64

|||Have smae problem. Resolution?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment