Thursday, March 29, 2012

Holy hordes of transactional data Batman

I did the DBCC Shrinkfile and I get an error saying that
some part of the file is in use and cannot continue.
Is this DB suppost to be off line ?

>--Original Message--
>I have a LOG file of 113Gig with only 29 Gig of free
space
>available on the drive, I have no media that will hold
>this as a backup.
>I ran the "Backup Log" "with_truncate" and "no_truncate"
>but nothing seems to be making this thing disappear.
>What is my next step to dissolving this beast?
>.
>No, but if you have active transactions, you'll have to wait.
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)
"Vidro" <Vid_ro@.myalias.postalias.com> wrote in message
news:a49d01c4d71c$5a1db910$a401280a@.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> I did the DBCC Shrinkfile and I get an error saying that
> some part of the file is in use and cannot continue.
> Is this DB suppost to be off line ?
>
> space

No comments:

Post a Comment