Tuesday, March 27, 2012

history, subscription links on manager throwing below error

Hi,
When I click on Scheduling, History, new subscription hyperlinks the below error message is popping up, so I couldn't schedule a report. please help me in this regard what needs to be done.
EXECUTE permission denied on object 'xp_sqlagent_notify', database 'master', owner 'dbo'.
ThanksHmm... on the database server, do both the Report Server NT service account
and the ASP.Net service account have the RSExec role on the MSDB database?
-Lukasz
"Subba" <Subba@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ACD31262-144F-4EE9-8B29-B15AF7B520D2@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> When I click on Scheduling, History, new subscription hyperlinks the below
> error message is popping up, so I couldn't schedule a report. please help
> me in this regard what needs to be done.
> EXECUTE permission denied on object 'xp_sqlagent_notify', database
> 'master', owner 'dbo'.
> Thanks|||Use enterprise manager to connect to the SQL Server instance that hosts the
report server database. Navigate to the security folder in the tree and
find roles - it should give you a list of roles in the system and which
users have those roles granted to them.
Whatever account ASP.Net is running as (look in the Machine.config file for
ASP.Net) and whatever account you chose during setup for the ReportServer
service (look in MMC), need to have the RSExec role on the following
databases - ReportServer, ReportServerTempDB, MSDB.
-Lukasz
"Subba" <Subba@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F8339FD7-7CFE-4527-9D99-780C4280B9A9@.microsoft.com...
> Iam not able to understand what exactly needs to be done, can you be
> please more specific what exactly needs to be done.
> "Subba" wrote:
>> Hi,
>> When I click on Scheduling, History, new subscription hyperlinks the
>> below error message is popping up, so I couldn't schedule a report.
>> please help me in this regard what needs to be done.
>> EXECUTE permission denied on object 'xp_sqlagent_notify', database
>> 'master', owner 'dbo'.
>> Thanks|||Additional information on this:
Service accounts (in my case I have 3: NT Authority\Local Service, NT Authority\Network Service, NT Authority\System) need to have execute permission for 'xp_sqlagent_notify', which is in Master | Sytem Stored Procedures. The normal way to do this is to have these accounts be within the RSExec role and make sure that RSExec has execute permissions on the above stored procedure. When I tried this, it didn't fix my problem. When I gave execute permissions to all of the above service accounts (instead of relying on them getting the permissions through their membership in RSExec) the problem was fixed.
From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2004_7_0_0_448752/history-subscription-links-on-manager-throwing-below-error.ht
Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.com|||Update to my previous post - there must be something wrong with my SQL Server installation 'cause I kept getting permission errors. For some objects (tables, stored procedures) giving explicit permissions to the service accounts was not enough. I had to give Execute or Select permissions to the Public group (not real good for security, but it was the only way to get my installation to work).
Each time I would add another "Public" permission I'd need to attempt to add a subscription, get the error message, look in the log file for the next object that needed permission.
Oh well, at least I can add subscriptions now
From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2004_7_0_0_448752/history-subscription-links-on-manager-throwing-below-error.ht
Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
http://www.developmentnow.comsql

No comments:

Post a Comment