Thursday, March 29, 2012

Holiday schedule for scheduled DTS Packages

I have scheduled DTS packages that I don't want to run on company
holidays. What's an easy way to do this? I have the holidays listed in
a table, but am unsure how to make the DTS fail if the current day is
in that table. Thanks!MartyNg,
You can start with an execute sql task to pull the closes holiday and put
the result into a global variable, then use an activeX task to compare that
global variable and if it is equal to today's date, then exit main function
with DTSTaskExecResult_Failure.
AMB
"MartyNg" wrote:

> I have scheduled DTS packages that I don't want to run on company
> holidays. What's an easy way to do this? I have the holidays listed in
> a table, but am unsure how to make the DTS fail if the current day is
> in that table. Thanks!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment