Thursday, March 29, 2012

Homemade Stress Test

I am trying to make a "homemade stress test" for an application we are
wanting to deploy soon. My idea was to make a few querys in MSAccess to do
some updates on tables in the database. I want to run the querys long enough
to see the transaction log grow. Has anyone tried something like this? I
just need some way to simulate activity to make the transaction log to grow.Have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=887057
--
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"Rich" <Rich@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:01E6E7A7-1223-4E5C-8371-A800D8D43EB8@.microsoft.com...
>I am trying to make a "homemade stress test" for an application we are
> wanting to deploy soon. My idea was to make a few querys in MSAccess to
> do
> some updates on tables in the database. I want to run the querys long
> enough
> to see the transaction log grow. Has anyone tried something like this? I
> just need some way to simulate activity to make the transaction log to
> grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment