Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ho to create custom trace events from TSQL?

Hi,

Is there a way to create custom trace events from TSQL code?

Because, ideally, I would like to be able to read those traces from the SQL Profiler tool (or the custom server side trace stored procedures). However, I can't find any documentation about that. Is it possible? There seem to be a User-Configurable trace category.

If this is not possible, what would be the best (easy, fast, ...) way to create an equivalent feature?

Thanks!

You could use sp_trace_create, sp_trace_setevent, sp_trace_setfilter stored procedures for it.|||

Hi Konstantin,

But, if I understand correctly, this is for *recording* a trace event, not for creating it?

|||

Oh, sorry, my english.

May be this will be helpful:

sp_trace_generateevent [ @.eventid = ] event_id [ , [ @.userinfo = ] 'user_info' ] [ , [ @.userdata = ] user_data ]|||

Ah I didn't see this one

thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment