Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ho to filter dimension in BIDS

Hi,
I have 2 cubes, Cube_A and Cube_B, and a common dimension, Dim_C.
When I browse Cube_A I don't want to see dimension members that have some values (for example some name members that begin with caracter "A" or "Z").

How can I do this using calculation tab of "Business Intelligence Development Studion" (BIDS) ?

(I don't want to define role on dimension)
thanks.

We often limit sets on the axes as part of the query (MDX) statement, but I've never heard of making specific members of a set non-visible for all users and all browsers like this. I realize you said you don't want to create a role, but that may be the only way to accomplish this.

If someone else out there knows a way to pull this off, I'd be interested in hearing the solution.

Good luck,
Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment