Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hoe to get Encrypted Password value varbinary field

I just converted from SQL 7 to SQL 2000 but have one issue.
My login table contains a password field that is a varbinary type. I
encrypted the value by using the encrypt('password') when inserting users
into this table.
How can I see the actual value of the password field. Is there a way to
decrypt?
For some reason, all the users passwords don't work. If I redo each one, it
works but there are too many to redo manually."yodakt" <dev1on11@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:6E45D35E-970E-4656-AECF-B192BD1035D7@.microsoft.com...
>I just converted from SQL 7 to SQL 2000 but have one issue.
> My login table contains a password field that is a varbinary type. I
> encrypted the value by using the encrypt('password') when inserting users
> into this table.
> How can I see the actual value of the password field. Is there a way to
> decrypt?
> For some reason, all the users passwords don't work. If I redo each one,
> it
> works but there are too many to redo manually.
Try this:
SELECT CAST(myPassword AS NVARCHAR(100))
FROM myTable
Where myPassword is the VARBINARY column containing the passwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment